Article 15 – Saffron
Saffron is known to be a spice of indian tradition and the nawabs .saffron was used in many nawabi sweets like the famous kheer.even the indian flags 1stcolour is saffron.abuddisht traveller in named majjantika discovered saffron in the year 5th century bc . saffron was actually originated from crete or middle Greece.but my favourite dish is the saffron pudding.
- 250 gmhome madepaneer.
- 1tsp roasted semolina.
- 1tsp crushed cardamom seeds .
- 2-3 tbsp crushed castor sugar
- 1 tbsp almond powder.
- 1tbsp sliced pistachio nuts .
- 1tbsp raisins .
- 1tbsp cream or milk.
- 2 tbsp cream.
- 1tsp soaked saffron.
- 2 tbsp dried fruits.
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- 1 pan .
- 1 piece of coal.
- Beat paneer until smooth.
- Add semolina ,sugar and almond powder. Cook on slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Stir in pistachio nuts. Bind with cream and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Spoon on the cream.
- Sprinkle saffron and dried fruits.
- Press on the pan leaf and place the cinnamon stick-on top with the hot coal.
- Pour on hot ghee and seal for 5 minutes.
Remove the foil and serve.
Bilal ahmed.n.belavadi 8th aura
Love Dale Central School